If you or a loved one has been injured or died as a result of receiving a vaccine, you may be entitled to compensation from the federal government. The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program ("Vaccine Program") comprises Part 2 of the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986 ("Vaccine Act"). See Pub. L. No. 99-660, 100 Stat. 3755 (1986) (codified as amended at 42 U.S.C.A. § §300aa-1 through -34 (West 1991 & Supp. 2001)).
The Act establishes the Vaccine Program as a no-fault compensation scheme whereby persons allegedly suffering injury or death as a result of the administration of certain compulsory vaccines may petition the federal government for monetary damages. Although the Vaccine Program is meant to be non-adversarial, proof of meritorious claim is often litigated with Department of Justice attorneys defending the question of causation and the extent of damages.
Chris Maley has been admitted as an attorney of the United States Court of Federal Claims since 2001. This certification permits him to pursue Vaccine Injury cases.
National Vaccination Injury Compensation Program
Below is a list of vaccines covered by the National Vaccination Injury Compensation Program. This list changes so if you or a loved one may have been injured by a vaccination, please contact Chris by email or call collect at (802) 489-5258 for a no-fee investigation.
- Tetanus toxoid-containing vaccines (DTaP, Tdap, DTP-Hib, DT, Td, TT)
- Pertussis antigen-containing vaccines (Whooping Cough) (DTaP, Tdap, DTP, P, DTP-Hib)
- Measles, mumps and rubella (German measles) virus-containing vaccines in any combination (MMR, MR, M, R)
- Rubella virus-containing vaccines (MMR, MR, R)
- Measles virus-containing vaccines (MMR, MR, M)
- Polio live virus-containing vaccines (OPV)
- Polio inactivated-virus containing vaccines (IPV)
- Hepatitis B antigen-containing vaccines (Engerix-B, Recombivax HB, Twinrix)
- Hemophilus influenzae (type b polysaccharide conjugate vaccines)
- Varicella vaccine (Varivax chicken pox virus vaccine and ProQuad)
- Rotavirus vaccine (Rota Teq ) Pneumococcal conjugate vaccines (Prevnar)
- Hepatitis A vaccines (Havrix, VAQTA, and Twinrix)
- Trivalent influenza vaccines (Flu vaccines including FluMist, a live attenuated influenza virus vaccine; injectable influenza vaccines FluShield, Fluvirin, Fluzone, and Afluria)
- Meningococcal vaccines (meningococcal polysaccharide vaccine (MPSV4) and meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4), Menactra)
- Human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccines (Gardasil and Cervarix)